Hai Phong sea city, one of the major tourist centers of Vietnam, is located on the East-Pacific Ocean; Quang Ninh province to the north, East Sea to the east, Hai Duong province to the west, Thai Binh province to the south.
Hai Phong is located in the tropical monsoon area, average temperature 23ºC – 24ºC, annual rainfall 1,600 – 1,800mm, year-round warm weather, four seasons of fresh green.
Area: 1,520.7 km²
Population: 1,803.4 thousand (2006)
Districts and townships:
– District: Hong Bang, Ngo Quyen, Le Chan, Kien An, Hai An, Duong Kinh, Do Son.
– Districts: Thuy Nguyen, An Duong, An Lao, Kien Thuy, Tien Lang, Vinh Bao, Cat Hai, Bach Long Vi.
Ethnic groups: Viet (Kinh), Hoa, Tay, Nung …
Potential for tourism development
Cai Beo archaeological site (Cat Ba) proves that this land was inhabited more than 6,000 years ago. At present, Hai Phong still preserves many historical relics, many landscapes, temples, pagodas, temples and buffalo festival, a unique festival, famous Do Son.
Hai Phong is a tourist route in Hanoi – Hai Phong – Ha Long Bay. Haiphong has Do Son beach up to 5 km. From Do Son by speedboat, visitors can visit the island and Cat Ba National Park, visit Bai Tu Long Bay and Halong Bay (Quang Ninh).
Hai Phong has a large sea port located on the East-West, North-South international sea route. It is an important traffic hub with domestic, international and domestic waterways, railways and aviation systems.
– Roads: Hai Phong is 102km from Hanoi along Highway 5. Hai Phong is located in Highway 10: Thai Binh – Hai Phong – Quang Ninh.
– Railway: Everyday there are Hanoi – Hai Phong – Hanoi train.
– Waterway: Hai Phong – Ha Long – Cat Ba – Mong Cai.
– Air: Daily flights to Ho Chi Minh City. Ho Chi Minh City – Hai Phong.